NPI Chemical Process Engineer
Our client is a global innovator organisation with core competencies in the fields of pharma, biotech, medical devices and diagnostics to name but a few. Employing upwards of 30,000 people worldwide, this organisation sets trends in research-intensive areas with their products and services designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
Our client requires a NPI Chemical Process Engineer to join their Technical Operations team in the West. You will be presented with exciting and challenging opportunities to work on multiple projects, ranging from manufacturing support activities, to late stage clinical product development and scale-up, new product introductions and technology transfers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing engineering support to all manufacturing and control system related issues. Tasks include, daily trouble shooting, optimisation, cost reduction, training and coaching of manufacturing personnel
- Leadership of all commissioning and validation activities during project start-up
- Planning and leadership of technical transfers for future product introductions to the site being part of cross functional teams
- Process and equipment optimisation to sustain and improve product quality, yields and throughput
- Interfacing with new product development groups to integrate new products into the facility
- To execute process development on existing products or new late stage clinical products including scale up to plant equipment
- Identifying continuous improvement activities and leading or participating in cross-functional teams to implement, and provide technical support to the Production Team Leaders for process/equipment optimisation and troubleshooting
As the successful NPI Chemical Process Engineer you should possess:
- Degree in chemical engineering, process engineering or related technical discipline
- +3 years’ experience in process engineering, or recent high calibre graduate with strong technical depth will be considered
- Relevant experience of batch processing, automation, technical transfers, scale up, commissioning and validation in a cGMP pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities is desirable
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and meeting the predefined quality requirements are required
To learn more apply online or contact Orla Boyle at HRM directly on +353 91 782110 for a confidential chat.
Salary: On Application