Principle Scientist – Bioanalytical Development
This innovative global Biotech organisation is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, this business has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Due to continued expansion at their new biotech manufacturing plant, a new requirement for a Principle Scientist Bioanalytical Development (Associate Director) has arisen.
- Developing and implementing methods for in-process testing, process characterisation, and release testing.
- Experience in working closely with process engineers and quality control laboratories to generate and interpret analytical data to provide enhanced understanding and guidance around process understanding and control.
- Training and expertise in both analytical method development and organic chemistry, with 4+ year’s post-PhD experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Experience with QbD and PAT, as applied to pharmaceutical development.
- Experience managing and transferring commercial production and testing methods.
- Strong communication skills and ability to provide cross-functional leadership and guidance to CMC and non-clinical teams, e.g. informing and defending the Quality Target Product Profile.
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Materials Science, Biochemistry, Biochemical or Chemical Engineering.
- 3+ year’s pharmaceutical/biotech experience in process and product development and analytical method development.
- Strong understanding of commercial production of biological products.
To learn more apply on line or call Shane Browne on +353 1 6321865.
Salary: On Application
Location: Dublin South