Procurement Category Manager
My client is a large service providing organisation. Due to expansion they are seeking an experienced Procurement Category Manager to join their team in their North Dublin facility. This is an exciting new position for an ambitious procurement professional.
- Sitting within a team of Category Managers this role will report into the Procurement Category Lead and will be responsible for the procurement of all construction materials.
- This role will play a key part in the development of the organisations procurement function and plans.
- Supporting the business functions, having a strong understanding of their category’s future spend and future plans.
- Acting as the expert for their specific category in relation to procurement issues.
- Sourcing, building and maintaining relationships with suppliers while ensuring that value for money is demonstrated and delivered.
- Maintaining best practice knowledge on relevant regulations and new sources of supply.
- Analysing supplier performance, regularly ensuring that it meets and exceeds the agreed contracts performance level.
- Managing the full process from PO to delivery ensuring SLAs are achieved.
- Ensuring compliance for all procurement activities within your category.
- Demonstrating leadership and innovation to all stakeholders.
- All applicants must have 3+ years experience in Procurement/ category management with a strong understanding of the construction industry. Applicants with a background in Quantity surveying or architecture will have a distinct advantage.
- Degree qualification is preferred for this role however not essential.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to work off your own initiative.
- Demonstrated ability in leading projects on time and within budget.
- A strong background in managing key supplier relationships at senior manager level.
- Competitive base salary
- Health insurance
- Group discounts
To learn more apply online or contact Ciaran McCaughey on +353 1 6321830 or please submit an updated CV
Salary: €55000 - €65000
Location: Dublin North