Product Manager – Electro Mechanical
This is a new Irish business which has been commercially operational for over 5 years, they have a global footprint and are involved specifically in purification and filtration systems. Their R&D and Manufacturing sites are all based in Ireland, and they are seeking a commercially astute technical Product Manager to join the team.
The Product Manager will report to the Executive VP of the organisation and holds responsibility for the development and management of the product lifecycle across a growing portfolio of products
You will be expected to
- Gain a detailed understanding of the customer experience and identify product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Bring new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and product development programmes; prepare return-on-investment analyses; establish time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Maintain a close connection to the R&D – engineering team to deliver new products or product improvements to market per the agreed plan
- Scope and prioritise activities based on business and customer impact
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Determine product pricing by utilising market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume.
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses.
- Work closely with Marketing to drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives.
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful electromechanical product throughout its lifecycle. 6 to 8 years relevant experience required.
- Degree or Masters Degree in Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Proven ability to develop product marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Track record in project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For more information and for a confidential conversation please apply here or contact Sarah Good at HRM for more details on 01-6321894
Salary: On Application
Location: Dublin North