Our client is an innovative food manufacturer who heavily supplies both the Irish and UK markets. Due to their continued expansion, they require a Production Manager to join their Cork team.
- You will lead and manage the production team and will be a member of the management team reporting to the plant manager.
- It is your responsibility to create a culture that drives safe and efficient production which meets the requirements for quality, delivery, and total costs within the production area.
- Monitor, deliver and report against Site Metrics and KPI's
- You must lead continuous improvements efforts through employee engagement to deliver improved results in efficiencies, quality, cost, safety, and delivery to get to the root cause of systemic issues.
- Creating and developing a high performing cross-functional team driven by developing talent, visible leadership and creating a supportive team-based culture.
- You will be compliant with the company Health & Safety Policy and Procedures in the Low Care Area and continue working to improve H&S. As well as with the company Quality/Hygiene Systems and GMP/BRC standards.
- It will be a focus for you to train and develop supervisors, line leaders and operators.
- Execution of the daily plan. Liaising with Planning Dept. to improve planning.
- Liaising with Maintenance Dept. to ensure machinery is kept in full working order, serviced correctly and operators are appropriately trained.
- Achieving minimal levels of waste.
For this role you will need:
- 5+ years' experience in a similar position within the food or ingredients industry.
- A degree in a relevant field.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- A passion for continuous improvement centred around food production.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Cian Breheny on +353 1 6321866 for a confidential discussion.