A leading Irish food organisation have an opening for a Quality Manager to join their team at their production site. This is a great opportunity to be part of a well-established and innovative operation that is rapidly increasing the company's manufactured product range.
The company have invested heavily into the business in the last 12 months and are growing from strength to strength in NPD, Production and Sales.
This role is a standalone Quality position that works closely with the senior leadership team including the production manager, operations manager and NPD manager.
- Obtain and maintain BRC certification for the site.
- Maintenance and continual improvement of current FSMS to guarantee the production of safe and legal produce to the correct specification.
- Conduct hygiene audits and monitor chill temperatures, management and closeout of non-conformances raised.
- Coordinate coaching, training, and information to enable the different site departments to deliver their quality and food safety role requirements to a competent level.
- Lead quality incident investigations to establish root cause and corrective and preventative actions.
- Lead all site activities to prevent and control all non-conformances, internal or external through quality processes.
- Oversee the verification, maintenance and validation of process and quality control equipment.
- Lead 3rd party accreditation standards for all external and internal audits for the Site and provide knowledge / support to other sites.
- Maintain good relations and keep contact with any regulatory bodies associated with the quality function.
- Leader of Internal Audit, Traceability and HACCP teams.
- Manage and execute all organoleptic and micro product testing.
- Supplier / Raw Material approval and management.
- 3rd level qualification in Food Science or a related discipline.
- In depth knowledge (minimum 3 years) and experience in quality, food safety, microbiology, in an FMCG environment, preferably with 'ready to eat' foods.
- Strong people leadership skills and the ability to integrate differing functional demands is essential.
- Proven people management skills with the ability to flex styles to differing individual needs is essential.
- Strong knowledge of food production and legislation, particularly Reg 2073/2005 & Reg 1169/11.
- Strong background in Food Safety and Quality Management Systems with BRCGS Audit experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to drive continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to drive change and conformance in a varied and fast-paced environment.
For a confidential discussion contact Helena Boyle on (01) 6321870.