This global medical device organisation are one of the world’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of eyecare and eye health products. The organisation generated over €1 billion in revenue last year and are at the forefront of ophthalmic technology. At their site in Waterford they currently employ 1500 individuals, and they are continuing to invest into the development of the site. As such they require an R&D Engineer to join their team.
Reporting to the R&D Manager, key areas of responsibility will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting new produce/process validations
- Designing, executing, and analysing experiments
- Providing process optimisation
- Developing and supporting new manufacturing processes and technologies
- Supporting existing manufacturing processes, quality improvements and cost reductions
- Ensuring product quality and all tasks are in accordance with established SOPs, GMPs, Divisional Specifications, and EHS standards
- Training manufacturing and junior personnel in required operations
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Degree in Science or Engineering
- 2+ years’ relevant experience working in a GMP regulated environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with a proven track record of working in cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Expertise in Statistical Analysis is desired
- Specialised Training: Six Sigma Green Belt and DFSS experience is desired
This role offers an excellent remuneration package along with superb working conditions.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Wheatley at HRM on +353 21 4511190 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: €55000 - €65000