Senior Analytical Scientist – Wicklow
Our client is the world’s largest producer of a number of speciality pharmaceutical products and employ 10,000+ staff globally. They operate a manufacturing facility in Wicklow and are at start-up phase, expanding heavily across the business and I am working closely with the hiring manager on a number of new technical positions for the site to support their growth.
Reporting into the Site Head you will be responsible for the following:
- To provide effective leadership for short term project teams addressing method, process and chemistry issues
- To serve on co-development teams to provide small molecule chemistry expertise and input with regard to method robustness, statistical capability, and fitness for routine use
- To support product transfer teams to provide small molecule chemistry expertise and to identify and mitigate quality and supply risks related to methods that are not robust or capable
- To conduct or coordinate laboratory experiments to generate analytical results. To collect and analyse technical data, generate reports including conclusions and recommendations where needed
- To develop and maintain relationships with colleagues within manufacturing and research to identify potential value-creating opportunities for method improvement
- To help coordinate synthesis, purification and characterization of reference standards required to support local production
- To possess a broad understanding of analytical technologies, concepts and principles, particularly HPLC
- To collaborate and contribute general analytical support to global analytical team colleagues
In order to be considered you must possess the following:
- A BSc / MSC / PhD in Chemistry or related
- A number of years industry experience (5-10) within a GMP regulated environment (Small Molecule / Pharmaceutical).
- 4-5 years specifically within an analytical / chemistry role
- Eligible to live and work within the EU
This role is permanent and offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Generous Bonus
- Stock options
- Full healthcare
- Excellent career opportunities
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Gillian McMurrough at HRM on +353 1 6321827 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: €60000 - €65000