This top ten global pharmaceutical company has a long history of striving to improve people’s health and well being, including various disease therapies and vaccinations. With over 70,000 employees worldwide and a total revenue of $40 billion in 2017, this company is passionate about finding solutions and treatments for some of the world’s most challenging healthcare needs. They are continuously expanding in Ireland and have recently undertaken investments of over €300 million. Due to this continued growth of the company in Ireland, a role has arisen for a Senior Chemist to be based in their state of the art facility in the South-East of Ireland.
The Senior Chemist will:
- Support and lead the development of Phase III chemistry processes and the launch and continuous supply of the resulting new products
- Work with leading scientists from R&D and commercialisation facilities in the USA in the development of robust synthetic routes for late stage clinical trials or commercial active ingredients.
- Working on new chemistries and new technologies during the initial process development of new products for commercial scale in our labs
- Providing dynamic support to manufacturing operations on site and off site through process maintenance, troubleshooting and process development
- Providing technical and chemistry support as leading Chemist in technology transfers to other sites
The ideal candidate will have:
- PhD in Organic Chemistry or a minimum of MSc at 2.1 with significant relevant experience in process research and development in a pharmaceutical environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with a proven track record of working in cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Maeve Fahey at HRM on +353 1 6321885 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: On Application