This firm provide a range of advisory services to all industry sectors both globally and domestically. They are one of the “big four” firms. They pride themselves in their commitment not only to their clients but to their employees to create confident, sustainable growth. Their Irish business is experiencing sustained growth over the last number of years and as a result a new role to work with a range of clients from a variety of sectors has been created.
- Strong ability to define & plan the digital vision, strategy and roll out process across multiple industry sectors.
- Experience in strategic, product development and/or business transformation in a digital context.
- Experience of identifying, driving and measuring customer improvements within organisations.
- Knowledge and insight in the end-to-end digital landscape and the ability to identify market relevant consumer trends.
- Understanding of the levers available to drive Customer Programs across Analytics, Insights, Propositions and Campaigns, Channel Migration and Transformation and Organisation Change.
- Strong internal and client relationship focus.
- Experience of working effectively with digital and creative agencies.
- Experience in at least one of the following: Field Digital Marketing, Campaign Optimisation, Omni Channel Design and Implementation Customer Analytics and Use, Marketing Effectiveness, Customer Management Information and Reporting, Customer Lifetime Value and optimisation programs, Go to Market Strategy, Customer Base Management, Digital Innovation and Integration, Payments, and Campaign Management.
- Technical expertise in operating, integrating and optimising digital technologies.
- Strong academic record including a relevant third level degree in Business Information Systems, Information technology, Electronic Commerce or a related area.
- At least 3 years relevant business experience.
- Strong consulting skills with experience of facilitation, presentation skills, gaining entry and building rapport, innovative thinking, managing conflict, senior level engagement, building consensus and obtaining buy-in.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To learn more apply online or contact Sarah Good at HRM on +353 1 6321894
Salary: €40000 - €45000
Location: Dublin City Centre