Senior Cost Analyst
Our client is a global leader and highly regarded business within the pharmaceutical sector based out of Dublin. They are hugely progressive and fast growing in an exciting sector in the Irish market and are looking for a strong Senior Cost Analyst to join their business on a contract basis to support their ongoing growth and progression.
This Senior Cost Analyst contract role will be sitting in the corporate global headquarters based in central Dublin, reporting to the Cost Accounting Manager, and will be responsible for the oversight and accountability for inventory flowing through the organisation, including the execution of monthly close accounting, analysis and controlling procedures for inventory. This position requires heavy collaborating and communication skills as it will be a key link between Supply Operations and business unit finance and commercial leaders.
This exciting Senior Cost Analyst role will be responsible specifically for:
- Supporting financial decisions with cost benefit analysis and providing financial support for project improvement/cost saving initiatives.
- Participate in monthly operations reviews including providing financial data and commentary for monthly analysis related to key financial metrics.
- Inventory analysis for consolidated inventory.
- Support the Cost Accounting Manager in the annual development of standard costs for Inventory
- Reconciliation of standard costing between IT systems.
- Month-end financial close process for inventory and related items, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and ensuring that financial statements are in compliance with US GAAP
- Assessment and management of Purchase Price Variances.
- Responsible for collaborating with business units on items impacting the valuation of inventory including analysis for obsolescence.
- Preparation of inventory reconciliations with external and internal CMOs.
- Preparation and maintenance of all Inventory-related SOX controls.
- Strong business partnering, communication, and collaboration required to identify and convey pertinent information between Supply Operations and Business Unit stakeholders.
In order to be considered for this progressive Senior Cost Analyst role, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with extensive experience in inventory and cost Accounting, and a broad working knowledge of accurate and timely Financial Reporting from a Blue-Chip environment.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- You will be qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and have approx. 2-3 years’ specific experience focussed on inventory Accounting.
- You would ideally have a depth of experience from within the pharmaceutical, medical devices or FMCG sector.
- Experience in financial reporting and in particular sound working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Working knowledge of cost accounting procedures.
- Advance working knowledge of SAP and/or JD Edwards, or one of the other mainstream ERP systems.
- You will have excellent communications skills and evidence of co-ordinating multiple stakeholders to achieve results.
- Strong business partnering experience across multiple regions.
What’s on offer:
- Progressive Senior Cost Analyst role in a leading Multinational based out of central Dublin.
- Opportunity to get your foot in the door with a market leading pharmaceutical.
- Competitive daily rate.
To learn more apply on line or call Paul Lanigan on +353 1 6321826.
Salary: €60000 - €67200
Location: Dublin City Centre