Senior Cost Analyst
Our client is a global leader and highly regarded business within the pharmaceutical sector based out of Dublin. They are hugely progressive and fast growing in an exciting sector in the Irish market and are looking for a strong Senior Cost Analyst to join their business on a permanent basis to support their ongoing growth and progression within the organisation.
This Senior Cost Analyst permanent role will be sitting in the corporate global headquarters based in central Dublin, reporting to the Cost Accounting Manager, and will be responsible for the oversight and accountability for inventory flowing through the organisation, including the execution of monthly close accounting, analysis and controlling procedures for inventory.
This is an exciting and hugely progressive position which would suit a driven self-starter with relevant experience looking to progress into a management role within the next 12 months. This position requires heavy collaborating and communication skills as it will be a key link between Supply Operations, Finance and commercial leaders.
This exciting Senior Cost Analyst role will be responsible specifically for:
- Supporting financial decisions with cost benefit analysis and providing financial support for project improvement/cost saving initiatives
- Participating in monthly operations reviews including providing financial data and commentary for monthly analysis related to key financial metrics
- Conducting inventory analysis for consolidated inventory
- Supporting the Cost Accounting Manager in the annual development of standard costs for Inventory
- Reconciliation of standard costing between IT systems
- Month-end financial close process for inventory and related items, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and ensuring that financial statements are in compliance with US GAAP
- Assessing and managing Purchase Price Variances
- Responsible for collaborating with business units on items impacting the valuation of inventory including analysis for obsolescence
- Preparing of inventory reconciliations with external and internal CMOs
- Preparing and maintaining of all Inventory-related SOX controls
- Strong business partnering, communication, and collaboration required to identify and convey pertinent information between Supply Operations and Business Unit stakeholders
In order to be considered for this progressive Senior Cost Analyst role, you will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with extensive experience in inventory and cost accounting, and a broad working knowledge of accurate and timely Financial Reporting from a Blue-Chip environment.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- Being a qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and having approximately 2-3 years’ specific experience focused on inventory accounting
- Ideally having a depth of experience from within the pharmaceutical, medical devices or FMCG sector in a manufacturing environment
- Having a strong working knowledge of standard costings and cost accounting procedures
- Experience in financial reporting and in particular sound working knowledge of US GAAP
- Advance working knowledge of SAP and/or JD Edwards, or one of the other mainstream ERP systems
- Excellent communications skills and evidence of coordinating multiple stakeholders to achieve results
- Strong business partnering experience across multiple regions
- Progressive Senior Cost Analyst role in a leading Multinational based out of central Dublin
- Broad business partnering role and the ability to have a huge impact both on the business and personally on your own career path
- Opportunity to add real value and to impact on a number of ongoing projects
- Competitive salary and generous remuneration package
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: €65000 - €70000
Location: Dublin City Centre