This role is to lead the statutory and financial reporting activities across Waterford and Dublin. The role was initiated based on a restructuring in a European site and due to ever expanding tax and statutory reporting requirements of the legal entity. The reporting is currently undertaken but various finance functions in Ireland at present but needs to be streamlined. Therefore the successful appointee will be responsible for streamlining financial reporting, identifying areas of automation and providing a robust reporting function. Reporting to the Finance Director within this medical device organisation this is an excellent opportunity to work from either their Waterford or Dublin West operations.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will create a robust and streamlined statutory reporting function for Ireland plus one European entity. In this role you will also:
- Manage a small team of qualified accountants, providing personal and career development, performance management and coaching.
- Have full responsibility for all legal entity reporting including, annual and interim financial statements; CSO reporting; tax submissions; tax reporting and planning to the Corporate Tax Group.
- Other responsibilities include FX analysis; Grant agreements; R&D tax credits; management fee accounting and deferred tax; SOX compliance.
- Prepare and present reports to board members.
You must be a qualified accountant with 8+ years' post qualification experience. Ideally will posses Big 4 and industry experience. In addition you must:
- Have an exceptional ability to own and lead a statutory reporting function within a large multi-national manufacturing and services environment.
- Create process improvements on a continuous basis, seeking incremental and consistent efficiencies.
- Work well through complex accounting structures.
- Hold credibility and works highly effectively across all levels of an organisation.
- Have SOX and Audit experience.
This is an opportunity to make your own mark. You will be provided with the tools and support to drive this function to create an invaluable function that affects all aspects of this organisation. There are tangible career opportunities within this large organisation. Excellent package on offer including bonus, full family health care, pension (12%), 27 days annual leave.
To discover more contact Ashling Edwards in HRM on +353 214511191 for a confidential discussion.