Senior Lead Software Engineer
This leading multinational medical technology organisation has operations in over 50 countries. They are now rapidly expanding their Limerick site and are offering an exciting new opportunity for a Lead Senior Software Engineer to join their newly formed team and make a difference to healthcare worldwide. You will be reporting into the Software Engineering Manager and will play a principal hands on role in enhancing product security on existing and new medical devices, as well as mentoring a newly established team of up to 7 engineers.
- Manage security risk assessments and assess vulnerability to existing and newly developed systems for the product portfolio.
- Provides accurate and effective software security solutions and designs for all medical products.
- Creates and manages software engineering processes and training for vulnerability scans and static code analysis.
- Creates Incident and Vulnerability Plans along with Product Security procedures.
- Plays a leading role as part of the product security incident response teams.
- Takes part in a holistic approach with other departments to ensure that targets are met effectively.
- Provides efficient, clear and effective feedback for junior team members to enhance their progress.
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
- A degree qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar.
- 5 years + software development experience.
- 5 years + experience in product development and C#/.NET development.
- 3 years + experience using secure coding practices.
- A passionate team player with strong communication and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in static code analysis tools.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (i.e. medical devices) is highly desirable.
- Being passionate about the improving healthcare and a strong understanding of technologies you use is a necessity.
- Competitive Salary
- VHI health insurance
- Annual Leave: 24 days holidays
For more information on this role, apply now or call Nicola McCarthy on (+353 21) 451 1199
Salary: €40000 - €60000