Our client is a global pharmaceutical business who has grown significantly through acquisition. Due to the launch of a new product, they are seeking an experienced strategic sourcing professional to lead their sterile injectable packaging sourcing activities.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Strategic Sourcing, the Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing will provide leadership and direction to the function supporting all sourcing activities for packaging materials and systems. Other responsibilities include.
- Developing strategies to ensure best in class processes are in place for all packaging components within the network. You will be responsible for the qualification of suppliers and negotiating of long-term agreements.
- Communicating with stakeholders of all levels both internally and externally to ensure all supply chain initiatives have a cross functional communication line.
- Leading and initiating the identification of new suppliers with a focus on cost and quality always. You will develop metrics and supplier performance reviews to ensure a best in class service while remaining in line with company regulations.
- Working closely with all relevant functions including R&D, technical operations and quality to ensure that decisions are made in line with company objectives.
- Identifying areas for improvement for the function always while providing practical commercial solutions to any conflicts that arise.
- You will develop supply chain optimization systems and risk analysis for materials management.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will:
- Hold a degree qualification with 6+ years' experience in strategic sourcing and procurement preferably within a sterile packaging capacity.
- Detailed knowledge of primary packaging materials within an FDA regulated industry.
- A proven ability managing and influencing stakeholders of all levels both internally and externally.
- You must have a proven track record in problem solving with the ability to make business critical decisions.
- A cost focused individual with the ability to identify areas for improvement throughout strategic business operations.
- Competitive base salary
- Health Insurance
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Ciaran McCaughey at HRM on +353 1 632 1830 for a confidential discussion.