Senior Process Engineer
Leading global biologics organisation are expanding their facility in Cork. They are seeking to appoint an experienced bio-process Engineer to join this project on a permanent basis. The company focuses on developing and commercialising innovative biopharmaceuticals for rare genetic diseases. There are currently seven commercialised products in the market and the business is continuing to invest in the development of innovative therapies. This expansion in Cork will increase capacity to produce both trial product and commercial product to respond to patient demand.
If you are passionate about science, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are ambitious this is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organisation.
- Reporting into the Senior Process Engineering Manager; this is a single-contributor position specifically focused on the expansion project. You will work within a project group and be a part of the process engineering team on-site of approximately 7 others and work closely within the multi-disciplinary project team to work on the delivery of the expansion in a timely fashion
- Take ownership of the front-end design of manufacturing process and packaging processes
- Once established focus will shift to process optimisation and ensuring the most efficient ways of working are in place
- You will challenge the design as required and manage the delivery of external suppliers into the project maintaining integrity of design and regulatory requirements throughout
- You will support the resolution of deviations; running investigations across equipment and process non-conformance’s, system failures and under-performance ensuring root cause analysis is completed, a solution is delivered, and corrective actions are implemented across systems and equipment
- Collaborate closely with external manufacturing partners and affiliates within the network where required
- Work closely with cross functional teams to deliver engineering projects – quality, supply-chain, manufacturing etc
- Support the resolution of production issues from a process perspective
- Third level degree qualified in a technical discipline
- Have a minimum of 8-10 years’ working in a biological manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to manage a project through from start-up design to C&Q procedures
- Be collaborative in your approach to work and be an effective communicator
- Engage cross functionally to deliver on process improvement projects in conjunction with the team
- Effective influences and engaging communicator
- Autonomous and a self-starter who will use their initiative to drive actions forward
- Excellent base salary
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Pension contribution scheme
- Family health care plan
To learn more apply online or contact Aisling Clements on +353 1 632 1883 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: €75000 - €85000