Senior Project/Process Engineer
Our client in Mayo requires a Senior Project/Process Engineer to join their team, reporting directly into the Engineering Project Manager. Here, you will focus on developing and delivering new high speed automated processes and equipment sets and support the execution of a broad spectrum of engineering projects.
The successful candidate will be a technical core team member on a new cross functional product development team and will provide expertise in assembly and production equipment development. The key responsibility within this core team will be to lead the definition and delivery of the optimal manufacturing approach from the product design stage right through to commercialisation and equipment validations.
- Participate with the core team in evaluation of product concepts to determine potential manufacturing processes
- Manage the Engineering activities within the project to deliver optimal manufacturing approach from the product design
- Detailed review and revision of proposed designs with new product development team to meet design objectives
- Lead manufacturing strategy selection with reference to process robustness, speed to market and product cost
- Analysis of manufacturing cost and development of plan to achieve targeted gross margin
- Development of User Requirements Specification for all required manufacturing equipment
- Development and management of project schedules and capital expenditure plans for manufacturing commercialization of selected product concept
- Engagement of other Operations functions in critical decisions and developments
- Planning and execution of equipment validations
- Communication and review of key decisions with Value Stream Management
As the successful Senior Project/Process Engineer, you will posess:
- An Engineering Degree, preferably in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in a manufacturing environment, including experience with development of (semi-) automated production equipment and processes
- Strong experience in leading machine and process design projects
- Experience with DOE, validation, and statistical analysis tools
- Health Insurance (family inclusive)
To learn more, apply online or contact Caroline Geraghty at HRM directly on +353 91 782114 for a confidential chat.
Salary: On Application