Our client based in North Cork is a world leading manufacturer of food ingredients. Due to continued growth and expansion they are seeking to hire a Manufacturing Shift Supervisor.
You must possess a high level of accountability and a pro-active approach in navigating through stakeholders and mapping process lines and documentation in seven core areas of responsibility which include Safety, People, Cost, Customer, Quality, Reliability, Environment. Ensuring that these core responsibilities meet key performance indicators is at the core of the Production Supervisor's role with tangible career progression opportunities available for the successful candidate.
Reporting to the site Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor will be effective in their ownership of the following result areas:
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of 8-10 Production Operators
- Working with the team to leverage experience and innovate for improvement. Identifying and building on team member strengths, encouraging others to develop new practices and grow personal ownership
- Providing effective, efficient and structured handover between shifts to ensure any issues are highlighted and addressed accordingly
- Ensuring corrective maintenance and equipment actions are undertaken, tracked and communicated. Reporting all issues in a timely manner and taking affirmative action when necessary
- Leading production activity using 'Right First Time' methodology, encouraging lean continuous improvement initiatives on shift
- Driving accountability for quality across all production practices, focusing on the how production goals will be met
- Developing positive working relationships with union representatives
- Providing accurate reporting to management, highlighting key issues and that agreed corrective actions are taken
The successful appointee will be a competent and skilled production professional with strong leadership skills. Candidates will clearly possess experience and competencies in the following:
- Ideally third level qualification in Science or similar relevant qualification
- Experience in a dairy manufacturing environment is desirable, though open to other high-volume regulated manufacturing backgrounds, e.g. food manufacturing, pharmaceutical, medical device
- 2 years' plus people management in a production supervisory role
- Previous experience working in a cGMP manufacturing facility
- Strong communicators, articulating with effectiveness and clarity
- Previous experience in driving continuous improvement
- Ability to problem solve and act on own initiative
- Adopting a coaching style of team leading
- Passion for the development of others
- Exceptional benefits package on offer
- Career progression opportunities
To find out more about this exceptional opportunity contact me direct on +353 1 6321882 or email for a confidential discussion.