This leading Medical Devices organisation has been a long time investor here in Ireland with operations in Ireland since the 1960's. Employing in the region of 50,000 employees globally and revenues north of 15 Billion per annum, this medical devices organisation remains one of the largest global Medical Devices organisations globally. Since its introduction to Ireland, this innovator has proceeded to continuously invest in this country including investments in additional manufacturing and research sites across Ireland. One of the organisations primary plants based in Leinster is currently undergoing significant investment and change and has transformed its operations in Ireland through strong leadership, continuous innovation and demonstrating the importance of this site to the organisations global manufacturing operations. At present, a requirement exists for a Site Engineering Manager (Head) responsible for all Engineering functions on site including a sizeable Capital Projects program and sitting as part of the organisations' Site Leadership Team.
- Provide consistent leadership and direction to engineering function within the plant. You will manage facilities, sustainability, new product introductions and product/process development.
- Develop a team of direct reports and ensure that a succession pipeline identified and implemented.
- Manage new product introduction and product/ process development across the plant.
- Overall responsibility for implementing capital expenditure projects across the plant.
- Manage capital spend tracking, monthly reporting and forecasting.
- You will lead the Plant Priority Matrix process and interface with project owners to ensure projects are on track and communicate any roadblocks with suggested solutions to site leadership.
- Working with procurement and global real estate & construction to ensure that all projects are executing in line with organisational procedures.
- Drive key changes and continuous improvement in site engineering systems and procedures.
- Manage Key Cost to Win programs and ensure that projects are rolled out as required.
- Liaise on a worldwide basis with Engineering, Quality, R&D, Marketing and Manufacturing staff.
- Maintain the ISO14001 system and IIPC licence compliance.
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in engineering leadership environment with at least 5 years at a senior management level, ideally within a Medical Devices/Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of success in leading a large engineering function.
- Proven ability to influence and effectively manage high demands in an environment with limited resources.
- Agile learner, excellent interpersonal skills and results obtained.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Shane Browne on + 353 1 6321865 for a confidential discussion.