SQL Server DBA – Kildare
This global Financial Services organisation is expanding operations in Kildare where you will join a business and technology team of 150+ delivering high availability SQL Server database services for the organisation.
This environment is using the latest versions of the Microsoft stack (2014 & 2016). Working within an IT division of 100+ and a department of 15+ in Microsoft, you will own the full end to end management of a large enterprise database environment.
- You will manage the overall database architecture of the environment ensuring full database integration with the stack of Microsoft applications
- Managing an environment of 450 servers & 600+ databases using the Microsoft stack, you will be heavily involved in Analysis Services, Integration Services, or Reporting Services and development using T-SQL
- You will manage Failover clustering and SAN replication in a high availability environment
- Design indexes for existing applications and ensure code is at the highest standards
- You will work closely with developers to ensure the most efficient database design and ensure the highest standards of database management
- Fine Tuning, Optimisation, Permissions, Partitioning, Enterprise Scheduling Management, Troubleshooting, Scripting, Monitoring & Re-Indexing
- You will have ownership and management of multiple major projects across the business leading architectural design and development of the database environment
- You will also work closely with the BI division and will work from time to time with SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
- You will have at least 8-10 years’ experience as a SQL Server Development DBA in large 300+ Server environments (preferably SQL Server 2012 & 2014)
- You will have good experience with the full end of end database administration, and development of SQL Server environments with a focus on enterprise database architecture, fine tuning, optimisation, replication and clustering
- You will lead projects under your remit
- You will have outstanding attention to detail and be passionate about working in a dedicated professional work environment
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual looking to take on a key role in a growing team. Salary up to €70,000 with Bonus, Pension, Healthcare, Flexible start times and the opportunity to work one day from home per week.
For more information, please apply through the link below or contact Dervila Corver at HRM on +353 1 6321864 or by email
Salary: €65000 - €70000