Our client is a global medical device healthcare solutions company who are committed to improving lives through medical technologies, services, and solutions. They operate across 350 facilities in 150 countries, with an innovative portfolio of over 46,000 patents. They are currently looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join their team in Galway.
Reporting to the Program Manager, key areas of responsibility will include but not be limited to:
- Work closely with the project team to drive continuous improvement and robust corrective actions through problem-solving techniques at supplier to prevent recurrence of issues, and ultimately deliver high-quality products to customers
- Communicate with management and project teams on a regular basis on supplier performance
- Develop strong partnerships with cross functional groups and provide quality leadership within these groups
- Provide technical direction/input into the development of component documentation and execution of project plans
- Support in the review of supplier introduction and changes, coordinating activities with suppliers and with internal cross-functional support teams to develop and implement appropriate strategies to qualify and support
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place at supplier, based on risk associated with product or service
- Provide expert QE technical direction input to component qualification strategies and documentation in conjunction with project teams to ensure high standards are in place
- Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure good manufacturing practices (GMP) and quality standards are met
- Define Receiving Inspection requirements as required and associated test method validation for all internal Medtronic Test Methods
Key experience and competencies include:
- Degree in Quality, Science or Engineering and a minimum of 1-2 years' experience in a similar role
- A dynamic team player, can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams with good communication and technical writing skills
An excellent pay rate is on offer with this role.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Wheatley at HRM on 087 344 9559 for a confidential discussion.