Our client is a home-grown Irish organisation which produces a wide selection of speciality food products for distribution in Ireland and Europe.
Due to continued growth at their state-of-the-art facility, this company are looking for a highly motivated Technical Team Leader with a love of food to join their team in Tipperary.
- Working effectively with and reporting to the Technical Manager as part of the management team ensuring quality standards are adhered to and maintained i.e. BRC, and all other relevant quality and HACCP systems
- Manage customer interaction and expectations regarding product quality, quality improvement projects and new product development projects
- Provide information and expertise to external customers on all food safety and quality related matters
- Comply with customer's standards and policies, implementing & driving these within the process
- Be the main contact for customer audits. Liaise with customer/third party auditor(s). Ensure all documentation is available. Implement agreed corrective actions
- Be proactive at all times ensuring that the business is "Audit" ready in conjunction with the Technical Manager and the operations team
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards
- Liaise and co-operate with the production and commercial teams to ensure that products meet current legislation standards and that they are produced under methods of GMP to a very high standard of quality
- Act upon legislation and guidelines to ensure that manufacturing is conducted legally
- Advise on hygiene and housekeeping, factory fabrication and food handling practices to ensure products are produced in a food safe environment. Provides technical direction to resolve immediate process issues
- Working with the Quality team and Operations in the successful management of customer complaints and process improvements
- 5+ Years' senior experience in Technical, R&D, Product Development, Quality Mgt Systems type role
- Robust understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Paul Wheatley on +353 873449559 for a confidential discussion.