Our client, one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, is currently recruiting for a strong Treasury Accountant to support their growing business on an initial contract basis. Through acquisitions and mergers, this company has expanded rapidly in their short history and now boast more than 20,000 employees and offices in more than 40 countries.
This Treasury Analyst Contractor role, will be sitting in the EMEA head office and report to the Associate Director of Treasury. The team is responsible for providing transactional services and maintaining the control and compliance environment for treasury-related activities within the organisation. The role is intended to be a long term interim position and will have potential to develop into a longer-term opportunity within the business for the right individual.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Daily reconciliation of cash position ensuring projected items match to bank statements
- Identifying unreconciled items and resolve
- Reviewing current day bank balances and flows in order to calculate daily cash position
- Identifying subsequent investment/funding requirements and FX requirements
- Clearing accounts, journal entries, anti-money laundering compliance
- Preparing trades and execution in line with mandates and policies
- Recording transactions in Treasury Management System
- Entering/uploading payments into the banking systems
- Liaising with senior management to request their approval of payments in accordance with bank mandates across several corporate banking platforms
- Liaising with banks to resolve queries as necessary
- Liaising with Treasury back office for payment preparation and postings
- Involved in monthly activities such as netting, FX hedging support and month end close
- Preparing and developing the cash flow forecasts for the primary Treasury companies
- Preparing relevant management information for Treasury activities as required
- Data preparation for a number of key Treasury control processes
- Maintaining ongoing SOX compliance
- Ensuring subsidiary compliance with the Group’s Treasury Policy and reporting any exceptions
In order to be considered for this daily rate Treasury Analyst role, you will ideally be studying towards or hold a treasury qualification and have relevant exposure to corporate treasury accounting within a large multinational in a shared service environment.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- You will be part or fully qualified (ACMT) and have experience in a similar role within a shared service environment
- Strong technical working knowledge of corporate treasury
- Experience of general payment end to end processing
- A fast learner, flexible with the ability to work independently
- Experience of accounting for intercompany loans and foreign exchange
- A deep understanding of the systems, processes and controls involved in recording transactions in the SAP and/or TMS systems
- Experience in adding value through enhancements to processes and implementing them while maintaining strong financial control
- Exciting long term daily rate contract role within a leading multinational headquartered in Ireland
- Ability to add value and to further develop your international experience
- The genuine opportunity to be considered for other longer term positions in the business
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.