My client, a privately owned Irish manufacturing company that supply to multinational organisations worldwide are seeking an Accounts Receivable Assistant to join their finance team. This role starts immediately, and the AR Assistant is required for a minimum of 3 months with a potential for a contract extension.
This business operates with a culture of dedication and commitment and they are seeking a candidate who demonstrates similar values.
Working as part of a close-knit team, the role provides support to the business functions of Accounts, and all department managers, either as part of a team or individually. The role plays a vital part in the smooth running of the administration function in the businesses.
- Responsibility for the collection of debtor accounts
- Debtors reconciliations
- Daily Cash / Cheques posting/allocating from post & BIF
- Customer query resolution - provide copy invoices, statements & follow up to ensure credit requests are approved
- Weekly/Monthly close off for debtors including statement run
- Attend weekly meeting with Head of Finance to discuss debtor's collection progress and escalate problem issues
- Weekly update on bad debt provision where appropriate, as well as weekly flash reports on aged debtors listing and cash flow
- Deal with the commercial department colleagues on problem accounts to ensure prompt payment
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in processing of accounts receivable and banking transactions
- Experience with letters of credit, cash against documents and Bank Guarantees is preferable
- Accounting Technician Qualified or similar
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative to deliver outcomes
- Systems experience in Sage 50; Micropay; ERP systems is preferable
Salary: up to €35,000
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 0862150442 for a confidential discussion.