Our client, a global pharmaceutical giant, is seeking an experienced Technical Services/Manufacturing Science Analytical Chemist for the small molecule side of the business. This research-based organisation have been around for over 140 years, and have an innovative portfolio spanning cardiovascular disease, diabetes, endocrine, musculoskeletal disease, neuroscience, oncology and urology.
Duties and responsibilities of the Analytical Chemist will include:
- Providing analytical chemistry support to the TS/MS Process and Laboratory Chemists
- Expertise in a variety of analytical techniques, including chromatography, mass spectrometry and physical chemistry technologies
- Building analytical expertise in the area of responsibility and demonstrate strong data-driven decision-making and problem-solving capabilities
- Providing technical support and oversight for internal TS/MS laboratory and external contract laboratory operations, including method development, method evaluations and testing plan execution
- Develop the analytical control strategy (including method development and evaluation) for 2nd generation projects
- Maximising application of existing technologies and instrumentation and assess and introduce new analytical technologies to the TS/MS laboratory
- Partnering with Quality Control Laboratory colleagues as required
You will have skills and experience in the following:
- Minimum BSc in Analytical Chemistry or similar
- PhD or MSc in Analytical Chemistry or similar desirable
- Relevant industrial experience relevant to the listed responsibilities
- Deep understanding of a variety of analytical techniques, a thorough knowledge of the analytical control strategy for existing processes and development of the analytical control strategy for 2nd generation processes.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Maeve Fahey at HRM on +353 1 6321885 for a confidential discussion.