This leading Medical Devices organisation has been a long time investor in Ireland and have operated manufacturing activities here since the 1960's. Employing in the region of 50,000 staff globally with revenues north of $15 Billion per annum, this Medical Device organisation remains one of the largest innovative Devices organisations globally. Since first opening its' doors in Ireland the business has expanded both manufacturing and R&D operations. Due to continuous expansion, an Automated Equipment Engineer position has become available here.
As a member of the engineering group that provides engineering support within a high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment, the Automated Equipment Engineer is responsible for and involved in process development, troubleshooting, maintenance and continuous improvement of the production process and equipment in the assigned manufacturing area. Key tasks include:
- Develop, design, and evaluate controls and vision aspects of equipment and/or processes
- Manage controls and vison aspects of projects related to product & equipment development
- Provide support to operations, optimising existing processes as needed to ensure that engineering work orders / production related goals are met
- Liaise with R&D teams as required, providing design for manufacture (& design for test) input on component / assembly development projects
- Drive process improvements through identification of problem areas/opportunities and collaborate with internal groups and external vendors using Lean / Six Sigma and project management techniques
The incumbent Automated Equipment Engineer will have a minimum of 3 years' experience within a highly regulated manufacturing business. A third level Degree in a technical discipline is also required.
- Industry experience will ideally sit within a Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical operation.
- Knowledge of Cognex InSight vision systems and Allen Bradley Studio5000 PLC programs.
- High speed automation experience, equipment validation and documentation.
This position offers a competitive salary with additional benefits including:
- Performance bonus
- Family healthcare plan
- Pension contribution scheme
- Life assurance package
- Parking on-site
- Subsidised canteen
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Anna at HRM on +353 873928655 for a confidential discussion.