A leading pharmaceuticals manufacturer who are in operation over 50 years here in Ireland are seeking to appoint an Automation Engineer. Onsite activities include bulk manufacturing as well as filling and packaging.
- Direct and manage the installation of new automated capital equipment so that the relevant department receives a standard and reliable process that requires the minimum of support resources.
- Provide a first class professional backup service to Business Units, Quality, Logistics and Technical Services Departments in terms of technical and operational support. In particular in diagnosing problems, faults and alarms.
- Ensure operators, engineers and supervisors are trained on new technology in the process automation area and to encourage feedback so that equipment performance may be optimised.
- Monitor and control the acquisition of new computerised equipment/ software and ensure that we are standardising on equipment type as much as possible.
- Study, evaluate and document existing processes and highlight areas on systems where errors or potential errors may occur.
- Modify control strategies and redesign Automated Process Plant where appropriate to suit current and future requirements.
- Liase effectively with the Business Units, QA and Compliance in carrying out the above work so that the requirements of each in terms of quality, cost and output are met.
- Follow up on qualification deviation, provide a validation, in particular software validation, service to other Departments when required.
- Provide an independent auditing function on suppliers of computerised systems and their software.
- Liaise with Project Engineers to ensure any new or changed instrumentation is done to the relevant calibration SOPs.
- Maintain all automation drawings, manuals, records and documentation in an orderly and accessible fashion and in accordance with the Engineering Documentation Procedures.
- Provide back-up diagnostic assistance to all areas on instrumentation problems.
- To ensure that all work is to the highest standards and in compliance with all requirements i.e. FDA, GMP, GAMP, etc.
- Ensure that change control procedures are strictly adhered to, while advising the customer on their duties in this respect.
- Support the operation of the company's EBR FTPS (FactoryTalk PharmaSuite) system and the software/hardware systems integral to the EBR system such as Scales, HMIs, scanners and the TCPCOM and Kepware software.
- Manage and support the OEE management system, Provideam.
- Troublehsoot Temperatures, Pressures, Masses, Conductivities, Flow rates, Flow meters.
- Third level qualification Degree (or higher) in Engineering or Science and/or relevant qualifications.
- Minimum of 4+ years' experience working as an Automation Engineer with a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing end user client.
- Process Control and Automation- Controllers - PLCs, DCS, microprocessors, etc.
- Experience in Siemens PLC, SCADA systems - Iltis, RSView, FTView etc.
- Experience in BMS and PMS systems.