This organisation is a renowned global leader in healthcare, with a focus on developing revolutionary therapeutics that have a meaningful impact on patients' health. As an innovative business, they have a healthy pipeline of products and foreseeing increased demand on their manufacturing network is continuing to expand their footprint in Ireland. Boasting an international headcount of over 70,000 employees, this company is passionate about finding solutions and treatments for some of the world's most challenging healthcare needs.
This role is a project-based assignment working on the construction of a new manufacturing site in Munster. The project team are looking to expand their Automation talent and have a contract available.
Reporting into the head of AIT Projects onsite you would join a team of eight Engineers working closely with CSV, Quality and operations to deliver against key milestones on this project.
- Be involved with the detailed design and all initial documentation as required.
- Carry out software development for the project.
- Act as SME for site vendor packaged automation equipment - PLC/SCADA/Siemens platforms.
- Have ownership of the administration of equipment control systems in a GMP regulated manufacturing environment.
- Operate as system owner with responsibilities for change controls, maintenance, data backup and restore as well as disaster recovery plans and regulatory compliance.
- Support new product introductions and new technology implementations by performing engineering assessments, completing automation system configuration changes and supporting engineering runs.
- All applications must have a Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years' experience within a manufacturing environment - preferably project-based role.
- A strong communicator with the ability to work well within a team to achieve a common objective.
- Excellent control systems and automation background focused specifically in design, installation, programming, validation and lifecycle maintenance of automated equipment.
- Experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting, SCADA Systems, Profibus networking and OSIsoft PI Data Historian - Specifically Siemens PLCs / SCADA and HMI's.
- Knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle, ANSI/ISA-S88 and S95 industry standards and 21 CFR Part 11.
- Strong network architecture or engineering proficiencies including TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Network IDS/IPS, Active Directory, Domain Integration and Firewalls.
- Flexible approach to work and a positive attitude will be a good fit with the team dynamic.
- Be collaborative in your approach to work and be an effective communicator.
- Autonomous with ability to work on your own initiative.
This position offers a competitive hourly rate for an initial 12-month contract however the project is expected to last until 2023 so a longer-term commitment is desirable.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aisling at HRM on +353 87 7521041 for a confidential discussion.