Our client, a multinational beverage company and one of the largest and most well-known producers in the world, are seeking to hire a Category Manager for a 12 month contract.
Working as a part of a dedicated Category & Customer Marketing Team, and reporting to the Category & Shopper Marketing Controller, the Category Manager will be part of a team that is focused on enhancing the way shopper's shop one of their favourite categories. You will spend your time being externally focused working collaboratively with key retail partners to grow the category channels. You will be curious, love learning, and have a passion for generating powerful insights that are translated into stories that inspire and connect driving tangible business outcomes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead category relationship with key retailers through a strategic partnership with customers' teams to analyse the future trends in the market and build collaborative plans focused on category growth strategy.
- Work pro-actively in supporting customer range reviews, merchandising changes, store trials and adhoc projects, providing recommendations and solutions that are grounded in sound data.
- Generate powerful consumer and shopper insights and consult with key internal and external stakeholders to collaboratively shape plans that drive real growth and elevate the shopper experience across the channels.
- Contribute to the annual category and brand planning process to clearly drive the strategic direction for key customers, while always ensuring the category growth agenda is top of mind.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly data and translating market and category trends, portfolio and competitor performance, tracking NPD, and identifying potential growth opportunities including space, distribution and merchandising, to support the Management Team, key accounts and Marketing Team in the delivery of the annual business plan.
- Support the broader business unit (Managing Director, Commercial Director, Customer Marketing Controller, NAMs) with ad-hoc market analysis and development of corporate presentations, etc.
- Curious, a love for learning and a real passion for category.
- Prior experience in FMCG and knowledge of category management
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a wide cross functional team.
- Solid experience of category management process and first-hand experience of managing customer relationships
- Good communication, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Be currently working as a Category Manager, Category Analyst or Senior Category Executive with 5 years
- relevant experience.
- Present internally and externally regularly in an engaging and impactful way.
- Have a sound understanding of the Irish grocery channels.
- Be an experienced user of data management platforms e.g. Nielsen, SRAI, Dunnhumby and Space Planning Software.
- Hybrid option.
- This role can be based in either Cork or Dublin office locations.
- Excellent rate on offer.
To discover more about this opportunity please apply online or contact Olivia Rogers at HRM Search Partners on +353 6321802 for a confidential discussion.