A global pharmaceutical with expanding operations in Ireland is seeking an experienced Procurement Category Manager to join their team in their Dublin HQ (Initial 9-month contract). This is a great opportunity to join a forward-moving organisation while gaining some hands-on exposure to global procurement within the Pharma sector. See full details below.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders, including internal manufacturing sites, to create, implement, lead, and maintain sourcing strategies to support the overall business strategy.
- Lead supplier qualification, RFI/RFP processes, supplier selection, contract development, implementation and ongoing supply base management process.
- Manage assigned Global External Supply CMO contracts & manage other categories as assigned.
- Craft negotiation strategies to close deals with optimal terms.
- Develop strong support relationships with functional stakeholders and key GES operations personnel.
- Demonstrate a measurable reduction in year over year total cost of ownership for the goods and services being sourced within assigned categories without compromising quality and service levels.
- Provide external industry benchmarking.
- Train and mentor plant personnel in corporate sourcing policy and procedures.
- Lead supplier contract management process for all suppliers in the category.
- Identify alternative sourcing strategies to mitigate supply chain risk and drive component and process cost reductions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Procurement, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5-10 years' of relevant experience (Pharmaceutical or Medical Device) in leading strategic sourcing teams.
- Experience in ERP procurement systems.
- Excellent analytical, organizational & Project Management skills.
To learn more, apply online or contact Chris Browne on 01 632 1886 for a confidential discussion.