Our client, a growing medical device organisation based in Galway are seeking an experienced Design Assurance Engineer. This role will report directly to the Head of Development. You will be responsible for leading the verification of physical components of new products and develop and execute test procedures and design verification protocols contributing to the compilation of design history files.
Duties and responsibilities of the Design Assurance Engineer will include:
- Work with extended product development team to ensure product and design requirements have been clearly articulated
- Develop test plans including best approach for in-house vs outsourcing execution of tests, sizing of the execution of design verification test
- Test protocols and to verify the design and regulatory requirements of the physical components of new products
- Ensure equipment and environment are appropriately set-up, calibrated and configured to execute approved design verification protocols
- Work with the extended product development team to investigate and find the root cause of test failures
You will have skills and experience in the following:
- Degree in Engineering/Mechatronics or a related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant experience in medical device
- A strong understanding of instrumentation and measurements
- Experience in design verification for mechanical and electronic components is desirable
For more information on this opportunity, talk to Laura Gallagher in confidence, email or call her direct line 00 353 91782113.