A new biopharmaceutical organisation in the Irish market is expanding its global manufacturing operations network with a state-of-the-art campus in Louth. This site is the company's first venture into the Irish market and will support customer delivery across European markets. At present, the business employs over 3,000 staff globally within its biologics arm and have also acquired a new facility in mainland Europe.
This client is seeking an experienced EHS Specialist to join the team to support sustaining EHS processes during critical handover stages.
Duties and responsibilities of the EHS Specialist will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the establishment of an EHS management system to support manufacturing suites
- Supporting and continue to work closely with current site contractor management programme
- Initiation and conducting of risk assessments across the site and ensuring appropriate control measures are in place
- Being a site champion in EHS practices and develop, promote and drive the maintenance of a strong, pro-active health & safety culture on the project
- Leading EHS management of the corrective action program (CAPA) process
- Coordinating site environmental waste management programme
- Assessing training needs analysis and support the development of training programme
- Conducting thorough incident and accident investigations as required and report as per policies and procedures
You will have skills and experience in the following:
- BSc and 3+ years' experience in an Occupational Health and Safety role in a manufacturing or process industry
- Experience working in a Bio Safety Level 1 manufacturing environment is preferable
- Experience working in a start-up facility environment is an advantage
- Experience of EHS management systems including ISO14001, OHSAS18001 & ISO45001
- Experience in IPC licence and environmental management is desirable
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Maeve Fahey at HRM on +353 1 6321885 for a confidential discussion.