Our client, a leading biologics corporation based in Cork with a global footprint involved in the research, development, manufacturing and distribution of a variety of products, such as vaccines, medicines and other healthcare related products, seek to hire an Environment, Health and Safety Specialist for a 12-month contract.
The Environment, Health and Safety Specialist will be a key member of the site EHS Team providing support, guidance and expertise to their assigned area. The successful candidate will work to ensure compliance with environmental and/or safety requirements.
Additional responsibilites will include:
- Promote culture of EHS excellence and provide high-quality EHS leadership to assigned business areas.
- Provide support for site environmental and safety programmes, including management of change, incident investigation, EHS standards compliance, and auditing.
- Has knowledge of EHS regulations and their applicability, develop EHS procedures, guidelines and training programmes as assigned.
- Provide compliance/technical support and advice on new processes and equipment.
- Assist in the timely response to external and internal stakeholder Environment, Health and Safety requests and recommendations.
- Create and maintain databases and records containing pertinent Environmental, Health and Safety data and metrics.
- Conduct assessments, tracking and directing follow-up activities to correct any non-conformity.
- Engage in walkdowns and reviews to ensure conformance with Site, Corporate and/or Statutory EHS requirements.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in influencing others, have strong knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety programmes, and be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate is a self-directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
- Bachelor's degree required in Engineering or Science; Health & Safety related technical discipline is an advantage
- 5 plus years' EHS experience in an operational environment.
- Competitive contracting hourly rate.
- Hybrid working option available.
To discover more about this opportunity please apply online or contact Olivia Rogers on +353 6321802 for a confidential discussion.