A new role is available for an experienced Hardware Engineer with a complex medical device company who operate out of a Dublin location. This is an innovative, patient centric organisation with operations across the US & Europe. The site here in Ireland is heavily resourced and has expanded over the last two years as the business' Global R&D Hub boasting state of the art labs & high spec test suites with top class equipment. Around over 150 years this company has grown through a mix of innovative product development and a number of key business and product acquisitions.
You will have full responsibility for overseeing a sustaining project on an existing product that requires some enhancements and design changes. You would also act as the key point of contact between the development team and the CMO operation here in Ireland.
- You will report into the Senior Engineering Manager and join a team of others with a range of profiles in software and mechanical engineering disciplines.
- You will have the opportunity to work on innovative product design, including schematic capture and PCB layout using the latest technology.
- Work is split across sustaining activities and innovative next generation product.
- Run hardware debugs and analyses new hardware designed effectively.
- Prioritise work in order to ensure optimum delivery against client project timelines.
- Draft BOM's detailing component specifications.
- Lead on troubleshooting issues as they arise across the team down to component level.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced members of the team.
- Applicants must have a 3rd level Degree in Electronics Engineering or relative technical discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years working in a complex project-based design environment is required.
- Have experience with high-speed microprocessor systems and power supply.
- Excellent communication skills required to work with cross-functional teams.
- Be collaborative in your approach to work and an effective communicator.
To learn more about this role please contact Aisling Clements 00353 87 7521041.