Recently established global delivery device & pharmaceutical company with manufacturing and global offices based in Dublin are hiring into their R&D Team. This is an innovative, patient-centric organisation with operations across the US & Europe. Their portfolio includes branded, generic and API products and therapeutic areas include autoimmune & rare diseases, Immunotherapy and neonatal respiratory critical care therapies as well as analgesics and gastrointestinal products.
The site here in Ireland is heavily resourced and has been expanded as the business' Global R&D Hub boasting state of the art labs & high spec test suites with top class equipment. You will have the opportunity to drive design projects across both new and purely innovative products as well as some focus on lifecycle management of the existing portfolio of drug delivery and medical devices.
- Reporting into one of the Senior Program Managers you will work closely with a team of experienced and talented design engineers.
- You will generate and develop innovative product designs taking ownership over the full development life-cycle.
- Manage design projects through the full design cycle from concept to commercial delivery which will encompass - risk management, prototype testing, design review and validation activities.
- Research and explore new and innovative materials to resolve design challenges taking ownership of supplier and vendor relationships at the conceptual phase.
- Support less experienced team members through sharing technical knowledge and expertise.
- Applicants must have a 3rd level Degree in a technical discipline. A project management or LSS certification is highly advantageous.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience is required within a mechanical design position in the medical device sector.
- Excellent communication skills required to work with cross-functional teams.
- Highly motivated individual who is self-managing and has a passion for invention.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks, Pro-Engineer, CAD-3D OR Inventor is a minimum expectation with proven ability to manage a project through the full design life-cycle.
- Available to travel abroad is required for this role.
To learn more about this role please contact Aisling Clements on 00353 16321883 for a confidential discussion.