Our client, a well-known, growing, and dynamic educational institution are seeking a Fixed Assets Accountant to join their organisation on a 9-month contract. This is a hands-on role where you will ensure the Group Fixed Assets and Capital Funding Register is actively managed, including in relation to additions, disposals, depreciation, assets on loan, and grant amortisation.
- Ensure the Group Fixed Assets and Capital Funding Register is actively managed, including in relation to additions, disposals, depreciation, assets on loan, and grant amortisation.
- Ensure all assets are accounted for in line with the Group Fixed Assets Policy and Irish GAAP accounting requirements.
- Manage the monthly depreciation and grant amortisation cycle for the Group and provide proposals to the accounting teams for review and posting to the general ledger.
- Ensure the Fixed Asset and Capital Funding Register reconciles to the general ledger and the classification of assets and capital funding within the financial statements.
- Review, and approve where appropriate, asset disposal and loan asset applications.
- Ensure any third-party asset disposals or loan transfers have legal transfer documentation in place.
- Undertake asset verification checks and inspections at regular intervals throughout the financial year, and record findings and updates to the asset register.
- Ensure the asset register captures appropriate data attributes for central asset management purposes and also for department, school, research centre and subsidiary company purposes.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process and system improvement, including through the engagement with external stakeholders.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will be a part-qualified/finalist Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA).
You will also possess a third level degree and you will have minimum 2 years' experience in a similar fixed asset/capital funding/cost accounting.
Salary: Up to €55,000 depending on experience.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 0862150442 for a confidential discussion.