A new role is available for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a complex medical device company who operate out of a Dublin location. This is an innovative, patient centric organisation with operations across the US & Europe. The site here in Ireland is heavily resourced and has expanded over the last three years as the business' Global R&D Hub boasting state of the art labs & high spec test suites with top class equipment. Around over 150 years this company has grown through a mix of innovative product development and a number of key business and product acquisitions.
You will have full responsibility for overseeing a sustaining project on an existing product that requires some enhancements and design changes. You would also act as the key point of contact between the development team and the CMO operation here in Ireland.
- You will report into the Engineering Program Manager and join a team of others with Mechanical design profiles
- Work on project-based assignments with multi-disciplinary groups.
- You will have the opportunity to work on the design enhancements and iterations of an established product.
- Work is split across sustaining activities and innovative next generation product design.
- Prioritise work in order to ensure optimum delivery against project timelines.
- Draft BOM's detailing component specifications.
- Lead on troubleshooting issues as they arise across the team down to component level.
- Applicants must have a 3rd level Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relative technical discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years working on a complex product portfolio in a project-based design environment is required.
- Thorough knowledge and hands-on experience of change controls.
- Excellent communication skills required to work with cross-functional teams.
- Be collaborative in your approach to work and an effective communicator.
To learn more about this role please contact Aisling Clements- 00353 87 7521041