New role available for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with a background in medical device design and testing. This role sits with a global organisation with operations in North Dublin. This is an innovative, patient centric organisation with sites across the US & Europe. The business unit here in Ireland is heavily resourced and has expanded over the last three years as the Global R&D Hub boasting state of the art labs & high spec test suites with top class equipment. In existence over 150 years this company has grown through a blend of innovative product development key product acquisitions.
You will have full responsibility for overseeing a sustaining project on an existing product that requires some enhancements and design changes. You would also act as the key point of contact between the development team and the CMO operation here in Ireland.
- You will report into the Head of Mechanical Engineering and join a team of professionals with Mechanical design profiles.
- This role has a dotted line into a Project Manager and the work involves collaboration within multi-disciplinary teams given the nature of the live project assignments.
- You will have the opportunity to work on design enhancements and iterations of existing products as well as those at early concept and FDA Submission.
- Prioritise work effectively in order to ensure optimum delivery against project timelines.
- Lead on troubleshooting issues as they arise across the team down to component level.
- Complete data analysis and report appropriate conclusions.
- Applicants must have a 3rd level Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relative technical discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years working on the design of a complex product portfolio is required.
- Excellent data analysis and testing skills.
- Excellent communication skills required to work with cross-functional teams.
- Be collaborative in your approach to work and an effective communicator.
- Take a hands-on approach to all facets of the work required.
To learn more about this role please contact Aisling Clements on +353 87 7521041.