One of our leading global biopharmaceutical manufacturing clients in Louth are seeking an Automation Engineer with Process experience to join the Manufacturing Technology team, to support start up activities and new product introductions to the site.
This is initially a 12-month contract (likelihood of extension), based at the site in Louth and reporting to the Manufacturing Technology Lead. The Process Automation Engineer will support the activities of the Manufacturing Technology team with responsibility for providing engineering support to ongoing requirements as well as supporting any future projects.
Key responsibilities of the Process Automation Engineer will include:
- Assist in site start up and project related activities (particularly CQV and associated automation testing):
- Support package owners on vendor management and equipment or automation related activities and queries.
- Review vendor automation documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Participate in FAT and vendor related activities.
- Provide input to process mapping activities and review resulting Functional Design Specification (FDS) documents for accuracy and functionality. Also provide input to FDS document revisions as required.
- Participate in commissioning of process equipment and associated automation as needed. Support issue resolution as needed, particularly in automation.
- Support CQV execution team by participating in verification & validation related activities as required.
- Participate in verification & validation related activities as required. Support CQV execution team as needed.
- Ensure equipment is designed and tested to meet the requirements of the process, to ensure that the equipment continues to run as intended, that it is appropriately validated and maintained in that validated state.
- Implement equipment CAPA's and performance improvements
- Provide equipment technical support and troubleshooting.
- Provide routine Automation support, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Identify equipment, process and automation improvement projects as needed.
You should have skills and experience in the following to be considered:
- Level 8 degree in an Engineering, Science or related technical discipline
- Ideally 5+ years relevant experience in a large-scale biologics facility
- Excellent communication skills including computer literacy and ability to work independently and in team
- Experience and knowledge of DeltaV (or equivalent) MCS platform is essential.
- Familiarity with Bioreactor, Chromatography and Ultra filtration production operations is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated; organized with good attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to adjust workloads based on changing priorities
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Maeve Fahey at HRM on +353 1 632 1885 for a confidential discussion.