Process Development Engineer
This world leading, innovative organisation provide design and contract manufacturing solutions for the medical devices market. They have a diverse client portfolio, from large multinational companies to start ups. With a reputation for being an innovative market driver in medtech solutions, they are now looking for a Process Development Engineer to join their team on their Galway site.
Based in Galway, you as the Process Development Engineer will assist in developing, optimising and validating new product manufacturing processes, improve existing processes with focus on product quality, cost and performance. Reporting to the Process Development manager your key responsibilities will include
- Using Design for Manufacture (DFM) principles, develop product manufacturing processes to ensure that best practices are established to achieve the most efficient, cost effective process, while maintaining product quality, cost and performance.
- Review and approve manufacturing processes. Support the development of Bills of Material (BOMs) and routing as part of definition of the final manufacturing process. Lead initial qualification.
- Work with part manufacturers to ensure that best manufacturing practices are established and work with Quality Assurance to establish appropriate product sampling and inspection to ensure product quality.
- Work with product support team to introduce improvements to product manufacturing process with focus on quality, cost and performance.
- Subject Matter Expert on Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and process improvement techniques (Six Sigma, Lean, etc.).
- Lead initial validations to ensure that appropriate process operating windows are established resulting in a robust manufacturing process and review and support propagation of existing validated products and processes.
The successful Process Development Engineer should possess:
- University degree in mechanical engineering/material/science discipline or related and 7 years process development experience, preferably in medical devices.
- Strong knowledge of injection moulding and extrusion processing technologies.
- Proficiency in Six Sigma, root cause analysis and problems solving techniques.
- Demonstrated experience of process validation is essential and demonstrated strong experience of solving manufacturing process/product problems is essential.
- Proficiency with a statistical software package (e.g. Minitab) is an advantage.
To learn more apply online or contact Orla Boyle directly on +353 91 782110 for a confidential chat.
Salary: €45000 - €55000