Our client is one of Ireland's largest producers and distributors in Ireland's Agricultural sector.
At their various sites, they manufacture and distribute products to almost 100 countries worldwide.
They are seeking a Project Accountant who will have responsibility for compliance, statistical information, reconciliations and ad hoc project work. The candidate will report to the Group Finance Manager.
The role will be based in the Cavan area and it is a 2 year FTC position.
- To work with project managers to monitor and record spends for projects.
- To communicate with senior management on current project status'.
- To oversee how cashflow from a site perspective, evaluate performance and forecast future cashflow.
- To understand the structure of funding and bank covenants with a view to making recommendations that reduce factory working capital requirement.
- To assist with making business decisions by providing senior managers with financial analysis.
- To work on any ad-hoc projects as required.
- To perform other accounting duties if needed.
- Fully qualified accountant; ACA or ACCA desirable.
- Experience working as an accountant in a manufacturing environment.
- Worked cross functionally with internal stake holders.
- Working knowledge of Corporation tax, PAYE and VAT in a large organisation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages, especially Microsoft Excel.
- A strong ability to take ownership and a good attention to detail.
- Super interpersonal skills, great communicator, good ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Shannen Courtney on 01 632 1878 for a confidential discussion.