A global medical device manufacturing organisation, focusing on patient safety and wellbeing, has an exciting opportunity for a project engineer to join their Engineering department on a 12-month contract role. This role reports to the Site Engineering Manager.
This position will lead critical plant projects, and core project teams int eh areas of new process/equipment introduction, automation, product transfers, material change/qualification, product branding, cost reduction, continuous improvement (OpEx), energy and maintenance excellence projects. Responsibilities include:
- Successfully lead both Local and Global teams to deliver all project requirements associated with cost, time, and functionality, ensuring that all KPI targets are achieved.
- Consistently adhere to project management standard practices in the areas of Initiation, Planning, Execution, Controlling and Closing (PMBOK).
- Prepare User Requirement Specifications (URS) matching customer needs, Project Charters, Capital Expense Requests (CERs), Project Plans, Site and Factory Acceptance Test Protocols.
- Ensure all Change Control requirements are satisfied and conduct all business ensuring compliance with appropriate standards.
- Track and report out on projects using standard identified templates and ensuring all necessary information is available to key stakeholders including the OpEx Leader, Financial Controller and Engineering Manager.
- All applications must have a Degree in Engineering or a related discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation or equivalent).
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in delivering projects from conception to completion, resulting in significant cost savings and process improvements.
- Formal Project Management Certification (PMP, IPMA, PRINCE2 or equivalent) is desirable.
What's on offer:
- Exciting long-term daily rate contract role within a leading global healthcare company.
- Opportunity to work within a global leader giving you access to build your portfolio within the medical device industry.
- Potential for a long-term opportunity within the organisation.