My client, a well-known and highly successful global pharmaceutical company based on the west side of Dublin are seeking a Senior Accountant to join their finance team. This is a 12-month fixed term contract with a view to permanency.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for key financial processes within the organisation. Emphasis will be on the monthly close process, ensuring timely and accurate submissions to the US Head office. In addition, the person will have responsibility for key SOX controls, establishing and maintaining tight controls within the areas of responsibility.
As a senior member of staff, the person will also liaise with Corporate Head office, presenting and explaining results. To this end the individual will need to gain very quickly an understanding of the business and how it operates.
- Managing key aspects of the P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Ensuring SOX controls are maintained over these areas.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations are completed.
- Preparation and reporting of Monthly results to US Head office.
- Preparation of monthly reports for local management.
- Liaising with local SSC team on relevant issues.
- Other ad hoc requests including involvement in various ongoing projects.
To be considered:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA) with 2 years PQE minimum.
- Good working knowledge of PeopleSoft/SAP/Hyperion.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Ability to contribute to the development of the finance function.
- Commercial acumen.
Salary: Up to €70,000
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 0862150442 for a confidential discussion.