Our client is a global medical device healthcare solutions company who are committed to improving lives through medical technologies, services, and solutions. They operate across 350 facilities in 150 countries, with an innovative portfolio of over 46,000 patents. They are currently looking for an experienced Senior Equipment Controls Engineer within R&D - Coronary, to provide technical expertise and leadership in the area of process and equipment development.
This exciting 12-month contract role is within R&D Coronary.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Provide design support and programming for PLC's, motion control, vision applications, robotic systems and PC controlled equipment.
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation where relevant. (CE compliance of equipment).
- Build and develop contacts with external technical representatives, vendors agents etc. in order to keep abreast of technological developments, new product introductions etc. in the controls / electrical field.
- Co-ordinate the introduction and implementation of new technologies and equipment to the manufacturing operation.
- Provide systems support where appropriate in the areas of PM's, engineering spares, maintenance training programmes and calibration systems.
In order to be considered for this exciting daily rate Senior Design Automation Engineer role, specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- Minimum 6-9 years of Equipment Automation, Software, or related experience with B.Eng in Mechanical, Manufacturing or related engineering discipline; 4-7 years of Software or related experience with M.A. or M.S.
- Experience in Allen Bradley/Siemens/Omron/Parker PLC programming and integration.
- Experience with servo controllers, vision system integration, motion applications & HMI products.
What's on offer:
- Exciting long-term daily rate contract role within a leading global healthcare solutions company
- Opportunity to work within a global leader giving you access to build your portfolio within the medical device industry
- Potential for a long-term opportunity within the organisation
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Laura Gallagher at HRM on +353 91 782 113 for a confidential discussion.