Our client is a truly global business operating across over 40 countries and with recent performance this has positioned them as a genuine market leader in the health sector. They are highly focussed and with a recent substantial multi-million euro investment will continue to lead into the future. As such they require a Senior Project Engineer - Facilities to join their team in Waterford.
As a Senior Project Engineer - Facilities, you will have overall responsibility for the completion of all facilities capital projects within schedule and budget. In addition, you will be responsible for;
- Preparation of plant optimisation project CER applications including financial justification preparation, specification, procurement, implementation and commissioning.
- Pre-Qualification, selection and appointment of external consultants and contractors.
- Liaising & co-ordinating with the design team on site surveying/investigations.
- EHS compliance including co-ordinating design team risk assessments, appointment of PSDP/PSCS & liaison with HSA.
- Project scheduling & monitoring from design, tender, construction, commissioning and handover.
- Leading weekly progress meetings with the design team & construction team to monitor progress, information required, EHS, commercial, procurement, communications with plant departments.
- Management & scheduling of planned shutdowns to accommodate facilities tie ins to existing services to facilitate project execution & co-ordination with manufacturing quality & EHS Depts.
- Completion of IQ/OQ validation requirements.
You will have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role in the medical device/pharma industry sector. A BEng in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent discipline is required.
Along with this the Senior Project Engineer in Facilities will demonstrate experience in the installation of chillers/purified water systems as well as exposure to managing projects within a highly regulated environment.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Wheatley at HRM on +353 21 4511190 for a confidential discussion.