Our client is a global medical device healthcare solutions company who are committed to improving lives through medical technologies, services, and solutions. They operate across 350 facilities in 150 countries, with an innovative portfolio of over 46,000 patents. They are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
This exciting contract role where the successful candidate will be based within R&D and will have the opportunity to lead manufacturing equipment design activities with relevant project teams to deliver projects on time and on budget.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Work with internal and external customers through design, development, FAT, installation and commissioning stages.
- Promote innovation and proactively monitor new technology.
- Develop, recommend and apply sound construction concepts to achieve design for manufacturability.
- Recognize and develop prototypes of high risk mechanisms.
- Review vendor capability, assign and manage projects as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate and relevant documentation is in place where required within area(s) of responsibility.
In order to be considered for this exciting daily rate Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- Qualified to Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (Level 8 NFQ) in Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electronics or related engineering discipline.
- 5+ years' experience relevant experience within the medical device industry within an equipment design role
- Experience with 3D mechanical design - SolidWorks, Inventor or equivalent.
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary teams of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to bring an equipment / automation project to completion.
- Experience of machine vison integration is an advantage.
What's on offer:
- Exciting long-term daily rate contract role within a leading global healthcare solutions company
- Opportunity to work within a global leader giving you access to build your portfolio within the medical device industry
- Potential for a long term opportunity within the organisation
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Laura Gallagher at HRM on +353 91 782 113 for a confidential discussion.