This global medical device organisation are one of the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of healthcare products. The organisation generated over €1 billion in revenue last year and are at the forefront of innovation and technology. At their site in Waterford they currently employ 1400 individuals, and they are continuing to invest into the development of the site. As such they require a Senior Microbiologist to join their team.
As a Senior Microbiologist, you serve both the Quality Control and Quality Assurance functions of the site carrying out microbiological laboratory sampling, testing and reporting data.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Analysis of raw material, in process material and finished products as required
- Sampling of materials, utilities and environment
- Analysis of utilities and services i.e. water, air, environmental
- Participate in method transfer, method development and validations as required
- Ensure that all testing equipment is cleaned, set-up and operated according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform on-line machine adjustment and troubleshooting where necessary
- Review and assess results and action appropriately e.g. OOS, material status, deviations, alarms etc.
- Managing consumables supply within the laboratory
You will have a minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment. A third level qualification, ideally in engineering or science is required.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Wheatley at HRM on +353 21 4511190 for a confidential discussion.