Our client is a global medical device healthcare solutions company who are committed to improving lives through medical technologies, services, and solutions. They operate across 350 facilities in 150 countries, with an innovative portfolio of over 46,000 patents. They are currently looking for an experienced Senior R&D Engineer to focus on all stages of the product development process from concept generation through to commercialisation.
This exciting contract role where the successful candidate will be joining a product design team based in Galway.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent the company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of engineering principles, materials, and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
In order to be considered for this exciting Senior R&D Engineer role, specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- Bachelor's degree required - Engineering/Science/Biomedical, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within medical devices
- Familiar with problem solving techniques and methodologies with broad engineering materials and processing knowledge
What's on offer:
- Exciting long-term daily rate contract role within a leading global healthcare solutions company
- Opportunity to work within a global leader giving you access to build your portfolio within the medical device industry
- Potential for a long-term opportunity within the organisation
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Laura Gallagher at HRM on +353 91 782 113 for a confidential discussion.