We are working with a global medical device healthcare solutions company who are committed to improving lives through medical technologies, services, and solutions. They operate across 350 facilities in 150 countries, with an innovative portfolio of over 46,000 patents. They are currently looking for an experienced Senior R&D Engineer to design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provide technical skills during research and / or product development.
This exciting contract role where the successful candidate will be based onsite in Galway.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Effectively represent the organization while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product / process / engineering / leadership fronts
- Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
- Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise
In order to be considered for this exciting Senior R&D Engineer role, specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- Bachelor's degree required - Engineering/Science/Biomedical, or related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience within medical devices in a similar role
- Extensive medical device product development experience and a strong proven track record in innovation and technical leadership
What's on offer:
- Exciting long-term daily rate contract role within a leading global healthcare solutions company
- Opportunity to work within a global leader giving you access to build your portfolio within the medical device industry
- Potential for a long-term opportunity within the organisation
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Laura Gallagher at HRM on +353 91 782 113 for a confidential discussion.