Our client is a global healthcare solutions company that are committed to improving lives through medical technologies, services, and solutions. Since their beginning, 60 years ago, their mission has remained the same: to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life for people around the world. The mission is the ethical framework and inspirational goal guiding their day-to-day work. Due to recent expansions at their Irish operations, a new contract position for a Senior Research and Development Engineer has arisen at their Connacht facility.
The majority of your time will be spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation. As part of this position you will also:
* Design, develop, analyse, troubleshoot and provide technical skills during R&D of product
* Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within the field of expertise
* Coach and review the work of lower level specialists
* Be involved in product research and development and/or clinical trials
* Translate research discoveries into usable and marketable products
* Contribute to the continuos improvement of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area
* Communicate with senior internal and external customers and vendors
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or in a relevant technical discipline
* Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
* Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions
* Practical knowledge of project management and advance knowledge of job area
* Comfortable working with stakeholders to achieve desired results
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Anna Carey on +353 21 4511193 for a confidential discussion.